An eco-label for kayaking tour companies from the Maine/NH border to Essex, MA.
Available to regional coastal kayaking tour companies, earning our Seal of Approval Eco-Label will boost your brand, demonstrating your company’s commitment to respectful recreation and wildlife conservation.
To earn our Seal of Approval Eco-label and the ability to include the “seal” in your marketing strategy, you must:
- Participate in a free-of-charge staff-training, hosted by SSC’s Marine Mammal Rescue staff.
- Bring an MMR team member (trained naturalist) aboard your kayaking tours to ensure that wildlife distancing guidelines are being followed and marine mammal education is being delivered.
- Pay Seacoast Science Center a fee of $100 per MMR naturalist-assisted program.
- Carry MMR educational rack cards at your business’ physical location.
- If your business owns dock-space, work with MMR to install educational signage.
- Participate in citizen science data collection (details to be provided).
In addition, Seacoast Science Center will cross-promote your Seal of Approval kayaking tour programs that carry our eco-label.
Gain the Seal of Approval for your business today!
To learn more about the benefits of earning our Seal of Approval Eco-label please contact Brian Yurasits at [email protected].
Here is what our current partners have to say:
“Working with Seacoast Science Center has allowed me to really re-think operations, I’ve definitely learned a lot about our local wildlife in the process and how we have a responsibility to protect animals like seals.” — Ken Taylor, Owner of Plum Island Kayak.
“Working with the Seacoast Science Center has been a valuable partnership for Seven Rivers Paddling. It has deepened our collaboration pertaining to the stewardship of the Seacoast’s coastal waters.” — Peter Sawtell, Owner/Lead Instructor, Seven River Paddling
Click image below to view slideshow.