Photo credit: Hailey and Joel Photography
Our offerings for 2024 and 2025 weddings!
- Your wedding will be the only event under the tent for the entire weekend. You will have extended access to the tent space to allow for elaborate set-up installations and extended breakdown time.
- Use of ceremony site for scheduled ceremony time is included in our base fee.
- SSC Event Staff will be onsite to work with your coordinator for all onsite logistics.
- Sperry Tents is our exclusive tent vendor and they offer some beautiful upgrade options to our Bayview Frame Tent.
Please Note: Indoor events cannot begin until 4:00 pm, unless using only the Sugden House and/or the Learning Studio. Setup cannot begin until 4:00 pm in public spaces.
2024 and 2025 Fees and Associated Costs
Saturday Events Under the Tent
- All-weather flooring (dance floor not included; this must be rented)
- Electricity for caterer, band/DJ, etc.
- Full clear siding for the tent
- Access to the Seacoast Science Center’s restrooms and exhibits for the duration of the event
- A Seacoast Science Center staff member to assist with questions and site-specific logistics, who arrives 4 hours prior to function start time.
- SSC is not responsible for setup and cleanup; this is to be done by the client or vendor/s.
- Clients must rent tables, chairs, dance floor, and bump-out tents through Sperry Tents Seacoast.
- Indoor events cannot begin until 4:00 pm, unless using only the Sugden House and/or the Learning Studio. Setup cannot begin until 4:00 pm in public spaces.
2024 and 2025 Additional Fees and Information
Equipment Rentals Tables, chairs, dance floor, additional tents, lighting, heaters, etc. must be rented from our exclusive equipment rental vendor Sperry Tents Seacoast. Rental Drop Off allowed Friday after 4:30pm and Rental Pickup allowed through Sunday by 4pm, or as coordinated and approved by Sperry and the Center.
Coordination or Planning
All weddings must have a professional coordinator.
Police Detail and Alcohol
If there is going to be alcohol at the event, a police detail must be hired at the rate of $95/hour, with a 4 hour minimum. Subject to change per Rye Police Department.
All alcohol must be served by a caterer or insured bartending service with a valid NH liquor license. The caterer or insured bartending service (whoever is handling bar service) must have a signed copy of SSC’s current Alcohol and Intoxication Policy on file at Seacoast Science Center, as well as service certifications.
New Hampshire State Park Fee
NH State Division of Parks and Recreation requires a park use fee of $4 per person. This fee is included in the $9,750 rental fee.
SSC reserves the right to invoice for any damages to buildings and grounds, including excessive cleanup.
We require the client to draw a liability insurance binder; details available in the event contract.
Food service must be through a licensed caterer; you are welcome to work on or off of the preferred vendor list.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to, pyrotechnics, fire pits, balloons, artificial petals and drones.