Hosting your child’s birthday party at Seacoast Science Center is fun, educational, and easy! Kids love exploring our interactive and live animal exhibits, and you will love our spacious party rooms.
Sharks are one of Earth’s most amazing and dynamic fish. Dive in with our experts to learn more about shark anatomy, behavior, and their acute senses that make them one of the ocean’s greatest predators. Your child will observe the live sharks and skates at our Close Encounters tank.
Get to know our Box Turtle, Raspberry! Box turtles have a carapace with a hinged bottom, allowing them to draw their body inside and “close the door!” But Raspberry is bright, alert and loves to open his shell and walk around for children to observe.
Edge of the Sea
This introduction to the diverse and dynamic rocky shore habitat will take place at our Edge of the Sea exhibit. This private program at our Edge of the Sea touch tank will excite and inspire your children! Everyone will get the chance to touch and observe our rocky shore organisms, including a seastar!
Explore on Your Own
If you would like to book a party without including a naturalist-led program, the Explore on Your Own option is for you!
Become a Member and Save!
Members receive free admission to Seacoast Science Center and Odiorne Point State Park all year long in addition to program and event discounts, and more. Join today and save $40 off the cost of a Birthday Party right away!
Payment must be made at least 2 weeks prior to your event; this includes a $50 non-refundable deposit. We accept cash, checks and credit cards. If you cancel your party 2 weeks (14 days) prior to your date, you will receive a 50% refund. “No shows” and cancellations made fewer than 14 days prior will not receive a refund. Severe weather (such as snow storms) will result in program cancellation and rescheduling.
Join us in going Zero-Waste!
We ask that you consider hosting a zero-waste celebration and choose reusable and compostable party supplies. Please note that balloons are prohibited because of the danger they present to marine animals.
In addition, we encourage you to think green and reduce waste wherever possible to help protect our Blue Planet. Some suggestions for an ocean-friendly party include:
- Asking guests to wrap presents in reusable wrapping, or not to wrap them at all.
- Asking for donations to the Seacoast Science Center in lieu of presents. More information about our mission can be found here.
- Having guests bring reusable water bottles instead of handing out disposable drinks.
- Using reusable tablecloths instead of disposable ones, or none at all.
- Purchasing compostable products that are made sustainably such as these.
- Skipping the straw, or using reusable straws, such as those
available for purchase in our Nature Store.
- Making party decorations and favors out of recycled materials.
- Using decorations that can be used again and again.
- Avoiding plastic party favors as well as favors that come in a lot of packaging.
- Choosing snacks with less (or no) packaging.
- Purchasing local food items and/or food items that are sustainably sourced. The Cheyenne Mountain Zoo Palm Oil App is a great resource for checking if products are part of the Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil, and therefore working to farm sustainably amidst the rainforests.