Due to reduced visitor capacity, it is highly recommended that you purchase tickets for Seacoast Science Center in advance to ensure entry.
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday: Open 10am-4pm
Admission is limited to 50% capacity per 2-hour time slot. You may choose to visit our facility from 10am-12pm, 12pm-2pm, or 2pm-4pm. Walk-in visits to SSC are subject to availability.
Admission & Tickets
Seacoast Science Center Admission
SSC admission does not include required Odiorne Point State Park fee.
SSC Phone: 603-436-8043
Ages 13-Adult: $10
Seniors (65+): $8
Active Duty Military & Veterans (with ID): $8
Ages 3-12: $5
Under age 3: FREE
Odiorne Point State Park Admission
Gate closed at 6pm.
Park Phone: 603-436-6507
Ages 12-Adult: $4
Ages 6-11: $2
Under age 6: FREE
NH Residents, 65+: FREE
Admission is non-refundable. We will make every effort to reschedule your visit if requested; please allow a minimum of 2 days for us to process your request.
Attention Pass Holders: Library Pass and Guest Pass Holders, please use the Pass Holder Tickets button.
Tickets for Seacoast Science Center are made available for two weeks in advance.
- Members must reserve tickets online in advance. Members will be admitted to SSC and OPSP free of charge.
- Advance tickets are available for 2-hour time slots (10am-12pm, 12pm-2pm, or 2pm-4pm).
- You may visit the park before or after visiting SSC, or anytime during its open hours on the date of your ticket.
- Non-members must pay an entry fee to Odiorne Point State Park (payable when purchasing SSC admission tickets).
- Walk-in visits to the Center are subject to availability and must register at the admissions desk.
Visitor Safety Guidelines
If you have recently been ill or are not feeling well, or have any of the COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, headache, sore throat, coughing, etc., please STAY HOME.
Out-of-state visitors or travel: please follow all NH Safer at Home quarantine and testing recommendations.
- All visitors, ages 2 and up, are REQUIRED to wear a mask or protective face covering within the facility.*
- Disposable masks are available at entry.
- Hand sanitation stations are located throughout the building.
- All high-touch surfaces are disinfected every 2 hours.
- For the safety of others, all guests must stay at least 6’ apart from those not in their family or visiting group.
- Restrooms are limited to one person or one family group at a time.
- Water fountain available for no-touch reusable bottle refill only.
- SSC is a public facility, therefore there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19, as there is in any public place.
*Seacoast Science Center is a community gathering place for children, families, and people of all ages. As such, SSC has chosen to maintain its mask requirements. We applaud Governor Sununu’s diligence in managing the pandemic based on data and science, and we appreciate his encouragement for businesses to make informed decisions that consider perspectives on the health and safety of their patrons, staff, and volunteers.
What to Expect
What exhibits will be open at Seacoast Science Center?
- Marine Mammals of the Gulf of Maine
- Gulf of Maine Exhibit Hall (live animal aquaria)
- Indoor Tide Pool Touch Tank, lower section
- Restoring Reefs Exhibition Gallery (minus select hands-on interactives)
- NH Beaches Exhibition (minus select hands-on interactives)
- Working Underwater Exhibition Gallery
What will not be open or not occur at this time?
Exhibit stations with high-touch surfaces are modified or closed for your safety. In lieu of group programs, our naturalists will be at-the-ready with Odiorne Point State Park Adventure guides that offer a range of fun activities to help you explore the diverse habitats and history of the park with your family.
Seacoast Science Center has advanced safety protocol in compliance with the NH Governor’s Economic Reopening Task Force Covid-19 Reopening Guidance, and based on the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and US Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) guidelines.
These standards are to ensure the protection of our visitors, staff, and animals.
- All staff are required to wear masks while in public areas.
- Visitors, ages 2 and up, will be asked to wear masks within the facility.
- Visitors will be asked to maintain safe social distancing of 6’ or more.
- Disinfecting of high-touch surfaces will occur every 2 hours.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the building.
- Restrooms are restricted to one individual or one family group at a time.
- Water refill stations are available for no-touch, bottle-use only.
Exploring Odiorne Point State Park
Our naturalists are at-the-ready with Odiorne Point State Park Adventures guides that offer a range of fun activities to help you explore the diverse habitats and history of the park with your family.
Save paper, be touch-free, and view the OPSP trail map here!
Odiorne Point State Park: 603-436-6507
Please know that we are making our very best effort to serve you in the most safe and timely manner. We are operating with reduced staff and we may be unable to get back to you as quickly as in the past.
Public Health Resources
New Hampshire COVID-19 concerns hotline: Dial 2-1-1