All visitors must make a reservation to enter Odiorne Point State Park; you may make reservations to OPSP and Seacoast Science Center at the same time. Reservations for Seacoast Science Center are highly recommended.
Saturday-Sunday: Open 10am-4pm
Monday-Friday: Closed to the public; Seaside Safari Day Camp in session
It is highly recommended that all visitors purchase admission tickets in advance to ensure entry. Admission is limited to less than 50% capacity per 2-hour time slot. You may choose to visit our facility from 10am-12pm, 12pm-2pm, or 2pm-4pm. Walk-in visits to SSC are subject to availability. You must have reservations to enter OPSP.
Admission & Tickets
To ensure safety and accessibility for our members, our community, and visiting guests, the following has been established:
- Advance tickets are available for 2-hour time slots (10am-12pm, 12pm-2pm, or 2pm-4pm).
- Non-members must pay an entry fee to Odiorne Point State Park (payable when purchasing SSC admission tickets).
- If you are a non-member visiting Odiorne Point State Park only, you should make reservations through NH State Parks.
- If you are an SSC member visiting Odiorne Point State Park only, you should make reservations through SSC.
- Walk-in visits to the Center are subject to availability and must register at the admissions desk.
- Credit card transactions are encouraged.
- Tickets reflect the date and 2-hour slot for which admission is valid and may not be used at another time.
- If you must change your reservation, please email [email protected]. Reservation changes require 7 days notice.
For Seacoast Science Members:
- Members must reserve tickets online in advance. We have designated 25 spots for members during each 2-hour session. Members will be admitted to SSC and OPSP free of charge.
For SSC Pass Holders:
- SSC Pass holders are required to reserve tickets online in advance; pass holders must supply their pass at the admissions desk to receive free or discounted entry.
- SSC pass holders must pay an entry fee to Odiorne Point State Park (payable when reserving SSC tickets).
Seacoast Science Center Admission
SSC admission does not include required Odiorne Point State Park fee; see dates below.
SSC Phone: 603-436-8043
Ages 13-Adult: $10
Seniors (65+): $8
Active Duty Military & Veterans (with ID): $8
Ages 3-12: $5
Under age 3: FREE
Odiorne Point State Park Admission
Charged daily Memorial Day–Labor Day, weekends in May and September, and Indigenous Peoples’ Day, 8am-4pm.
OPSP Phone: 603-436-6507
Ages 12-Adult: $4
Ages 6-11: $2
Under age 6: FREE
NH Residents, 65+: FREE
SSC Member Reservations
SSC & OPSP Tickets
Map & Directions
Visitor Safety Guidelines
- If you have recently been ill or are not feeling well, or have any of the COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, headache, sore throat, coughing, etc., please STAY HOME.
- If you are a high-risk individual, please stay safe and stay home.
- All visitors, ages 10 and over*, will be asked to wear a mask within the facility.
- Disposable masks will be available for those who do not have them.
- Hand sanitation stations will be located throughout the building.
- All high-touch surfaces will be disinfected every 2 hours.
- For the safety of others, all guests must stay at least 6’ apart from those not in their family or visiting group.
- Rest rooms will be limited to one person or one family group at a time.
- All visitors will be asked to practice frequent hand washing per CDC recommendations.
- To ensure safety and respect for all, please arrive in time to complete your visit to our facility within your 2-hour time slot.
- Water fountain available for no-touch reusable bottle refill only.
- We recommend guests bring as little as possible into the building.
- Seacoast Science Center is a public facility, and while we have increased our safety and cleaning protocols, there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 while in any public place.
What to Expect
What exhibits or areas will be open at Seacoast Science Center?
- Marine Mammals of the Gulf of Maine
- Gulf of Maine Exhibit Hall (live animal aquaria)
- Indoor Tide Pool Touch Tank, lower section
- Restoring Reefs Exhibition Gallery (minus select hands-on interactives)
- NH Beaches Exhibition (without access to sand table or plink game)
- Working Underwater Exhibition Gallery (without access to diver‘s helmet)
- Nature Store
What will not be open or not occur at this time?
Exhibit stations with high-touch surfaces will be modified or closed for your safety; the children’s Discovery Dock is closed. In lieu of group programs, our naturalists will be at-the-ready with Choose Your Own Adventure guides that offer a range of fun activities to help you explore the diverse habitats and history of the park with your family.
Seacoast Science Center has advanced safety protocol in compliance with the New Hampshire Governor’s Economic Reopening Task Force Covid-19 Reopening Guidance, and based on the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and US Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) guidelines.
These standards are to ensure the protection of our visitors, staff, and animals.
- All staff are required to wear masks while in public areas, in shared work spaces, and when they are within 6 feet of any individual inside the facility and while interacting with others outdoors.
- Visitors, ages 10 and up,* will be asked to wear masks within the facility.
- Visitors will be asked to maintain safe social distancing of 6’ or more.
- Disinfecting of high-touch surfaces will occur every two hours.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the building.
- Restrooms will be restricted to one individual or one family group at a time.
- Water refill stations will be available for no-touch, bottle-use only.
- The Center has been treated with the antimicrobial spray Enviroshield, providing long-lasting viral and bacterial protection.
Exploring Odiorne Point State Park
While we are not hosting in-person group programs at this time, our naturalists will be at-the-ready with Choose Your Own Adventure guides that offer a range of fun activities to help you explore the diverse habitats and history of the park with your family.
Save paper, be touch-free, and view the OPSP trail map here!
Seacoast Science Center: : 603-436-8043 or [email protected]
Odiorne Point State Park: 603-436-6507
Please know that we are making our very best effort to serve you in the most safe and timely manner. We are operating with reduced staff and we may be unable to get back to you as quickly as in the past.
*The American Pediatric Association warns that face coverings are a possible choking or strangulation hazard to young children and wearing a face covering causes children to touch their face more frequently.