This in-depth, hands-on camp gives students practical experience and insight into marine science careers.
Dates: Monday-Friday, July 13-17 and August 10-14, 2020
Age: Students in grades 9-12
Cost: $375 member/$400 non-member
You must have a family membership valid through the camp dates to take advantage of the member rate.
About Marine Biology Camp
This 1-week marine biology camp for science-minded high school students interested in pursuing studies in marine biology or a related science field includes in-depth, hands-on lessons that will give students practical experience and insight into marine science careers. Students are welcome to enroll in one or both sessions.
Limited to 12 students. All gear is provided.
This intensive, hands-on program will explore local marine life and our local waters through:
- Data collection and identification of fish off-shore
- Kayaking in the salt marsh
- In-depth focus on crustaceans and echinoderms
- Water quality testing
- Scientific ocean research on plastics in the ocean
- Scientific tide pool research
Students will also:
- Collect data for a presentation and exhibit to be displayed at Seacoast Science Center.
- Become an expert on a local marine creature and work with a naturalist mentor to learn how to teach our younger campers about their chosen species.
- Tour UNH marine lab to learn about current research projects or whale watching with a marine biologist.
View full itinerary. Activities subject to change.
Become a Member
Members of the Center are entitled to reduced camp prices and early summer camp registration. Your family membership must be valid through your chosen camp dates to receive the discount. Click here to learn more about all the great member benefits, join, or renew your membership.
Cancellations that are made prior to two weeks before your child’s first day of camp begins will receive a 50% refund. No refunds will be given after that time.
The Center has created a Camp Fund to offer financial assistance to those otherwise unable to attend. We encourage your support of this fund; please make a donation when you register or donate now. Your contributions are tax deductible.
Confirmation, Guidelines, and Medical Health Forms
You will receive a confirmation email for your registration.
Please download the required permission forms and nut allergy policy and medical health forms. The physician’s health form (or child’s medical record sheet) requires your child’s physician’s signature. We must have a current, signed, completed health form two weeks prior to your child’s first day of camp or your child cannot attend.
Registration opens January 15 for members; February 1 for non-members.
Summer camp is also available for: