Hosting your child’s birthday party at the Seacoast Science Center is fun, educational, and easy! Kids love exploring our interactive and live animal exhibits, and you will love our spacious party rooms.
About Birthday Parties
Cost: $295 non-members; $255 members; $100 additional hour
Length: 2 hours (10am-12pm –or– 1:30pm-3:30pm)
Includes: Private party space for up to 25 guests
Fall/Winter (November–March): Private indoor space available
Spring/Summer (April–October): Private outdoor space available
1st hour: A welcome activity and your private program will take place
2nd hour: Time for celebration in your party space and exploring the exhibits
Please note: The Gulf of Maine Exhibition Hall is closed for renovations (to reopen June 1st); all other exhibit areas are open for your enjoyment.
Programs are led by a Seacoast Science Center naturalist. During our spring and summer months all birthday programs take place outdoors.
Sharks Alive! (offered year-round)
Sharks are one of Earth’s most amazing and dynamic fish. Dive in with our experts to learn more about shark anatomy, behavior, and their acute senses that make them one of the ocean’s greatest predators. Your child will observe the live sharks and skates at our Close Encounters tank.
Turtle Time (offered year-round)
Get to know our Box Turtle, Raspberry! Box turtles have a carapace with a hinged bottom, allowing them to draw their body inside and “close the door!” But Raspberry is bright, alert and loves to open his shell and walk around for children to observe.
Rocky Shore Exploration (offered April–October)
This introduction to the diverse and dynamic rocky shore habitat will excite and inspire children. The program begins with a lesson on the unique ecology of the rocky shore intertidal zones, followed by a tide pooling session. Children will learn how to best observe, identify, and classify organisms through guided exploration.
Save A Seal (0ffered April– October)
Meet a Marine Mammal Rescue expert to learn about their rescue and response efforts, and learn about the biology, conservation and rehabilitation of the marine mammals they work with. Children will use real bones to put a skeleton back together! Our MMR team member will take the children on a mock rescue. They will learn more about the tools, procedures and precautions that these marine scientists take when working in the field and lab. At the end of the program, children will investigate ways that we can help keep our ocean and marine wildlife healthy.
Become a Member and Save!
Members receive free admission to Seacoast Science Center and Odiorne Point State Park all year long in addition to program and event discounts, and more! A Family Membership ($90) entitles entry for two adults and up to four children; Family Plus Members ($130) can bring two guests per visit. Join today and save $40 off the cost a Birthday Party right away!
To Schedule your Birthday Party
Join us in going Zero-Waste!
We ask that you consider hosting a zero-waste celebration and choose reusable and compostable party supplies. Please note that balloons are prohibited because of the danger they present to marine animals.
In addition, we encourage you to think green and reduce waste wherever possible to help protect our Blue Planet. Some suggestions for an ocean-friendly party include:
- Asking guests to wrap presents in reusable wrapping, or not to wrap them at all.
- Asking for donations to the Seacoast Science Center in lieu of presents. More information about our mission can be found here.
- Having guests bring reusable water bottles instead of handing out disposable drinks.
- Using reusable tablecloths instead of disposable ones, or none at all.
- Purchasing compostable products that are made sustainably such as these.
- Skipping the straw, or using reusable straws, such as those available for purchase in our Nature Store.
- Making party decorations and favors out of recycled materials.
- Using decorations that can be used again and again.
- Avoiding plastic party favors as well as favors that come in a lot of packaging.
- Choosing snacks with less (or no) packaging.
- Purchasing local food items and/or food items that are sustainably sourced. The Cheyenne Mountain Zoo Palm Oil App is a great resource for checking if products are part of the Round Table for Sustainable Palm Oil, and therefore working to farm sustainably amidst the rainforests.