Join us for a special presentation on our Icelandic Eco-Adventure that reveals the island’s most amazingly beautiful and dramatic contrasts, to be held September 18-27, 2018.
Date: Tuesday, January 30, 2018
This information night is free or charge. There is no obligation to join the trip.
Learn all about our exhilarating Eco-Adventure to Iceland, September 18-27, 2018!
Located along the Mid-Atlantic ridge at the juncture of the North Atlantic and Arctic oceans, Iceland is undergoing continuous transformation. As our atmosphere warms, Iceland’s glaciers are melting, and the land is rebounding and rising. Come witness this firsthand, and learn how the ocean surrounding Iceland is changing. From ethereal lava fields to thundering waterfalls to coastal villages, this tour reveals the island’s dramatic contrasts.
On our eco-adventure you will:
- Gain a local’s perspective of Reykjavik on a walking tour.
- Travel the spectacular route of the Golden Circle
- Stand at the crest of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge
- Lose yourself in the beauty of the Gullfoss, a stunning 100-ft, double cascade.
- See the famous thermal area of Geysir and witness a 90-ft. fountain geyser.
- Visit the Frioheimar greenhouse cultivation center.
- Visit the turf settlement homes of Staoarbraut
- Go whale watching in Skalfandi Bay
- See Iceland’s most historic waterfalls, Gooafoss
- Soak in the mineral-rich geothermal waters of Blue Lagoon
- Experience the unworldliness of the Snaefellsnes Peninsula
- Ascend the captiaving Snaefellsjokull glaceier via snow cat
- Head 100 feet below ground to an 8,000-year-old laval tube
- Plus, see black sand beaches, stunning cliffs, mountain peaks, volcanic craters, plunging waterfalls, rocky coastlines, tiny villages and more!
Trip highlights include visiting and experiencing: Reykjavik, Golden Circle, Thingvellir National Park, Gulfoss Waterfall, Geysir, Akureyri,Husavik Whale Watching, Diamond Circle, Cave Tour or Lava Field Walk, Blue Lagoon
Your all-inclusive Iceland adventure with the Seacoast Science Center includes:
- Round-trip Airfare from Logan International Airport
- 10 days of adventure
- 13 Meals
- All Activities
- Hotel Transfers
- Cancellation Waiver and Insurance of $290 per person
- Air Taxes and Fees/Surcharges
Cost per person: Double $5,899; Single $6,599; Triple $5,700
A deposit of $790 (includes cancellation waiver and insurance) is due upon reservation. Trip limited to 20 people. Reservations are made on a first come, first served basis. Reservations made after the deposit due date of March 12, 2018 are based upon availability. Final payment due by July 20, 2018. Deposits are refundable up until March 19, 2018.
A portion of your trip-cost is tax-deductible, as it supports the Seacoast Science Center!
For more information:
Please contact Henry at 603-436-8043, ext. 16 or [email protected].