Join Seacoast Science Center’s Henry Burke for a exhilarating eco-adventure to Iceland, land of fire and ice!
Date: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - Thursday, October 5, 2017
Located along the mid-atlantic ridge at the juncture of the North Atlantic and Arctic oceans, Iceland is undergoing continuous transformation. As our atmosphere warms, Iceland’s glaciers are melting, and the land is rebounding and rising. Come witness this firsthand, and learn how the ocean surrounding Iceland is changing. Discover what Icelanders are doing to mediate the effects of climate change, such as their use of renewable energy, to effectively provide all of Iceland’s electricity.
On our eco-adventure we will:
- Witness firsthand the continuous geological transformation of this island nation.
- Discover what Icelanders are doing to mediate the effects of climate change.
- Gain a local’s perspective of Reykjavik on a walking tour.
- Travel to the Golden Circle, one of many of Iceland’s natural wonders.
- Journey to the spectacular Gullfoss waterfall.
- Savor Icelandic cuisine at a popular restaurant.
- Try an Icelandic delicacy — cured hakare.
- Choose between a lava cave adventure or walking the lava fields.
- Learn about the 400-year-old tradition of catching and preserving Greenland shark.
- Explore Skogar Folk Museum, covering all aspects of Icelandic life.
Trip highlights include visiting and experiencing: Reykjavik, Golden Circle, Thingvellir National Park, Gulfoss Waterfall, Geysir, Snaefellsnes Peninsula, Cave Tour or Lava Field Walk, Breidafjördur Bay, Seljalandsfoss, Vík, Eyjafjallajökull Volcano Visitor Center, Skogar Museum, Skógafoss, Jökulsárlón Glacial Lagoon, Vatnajökull National Park & Glacier, Blue Lagoon or Whale Watching.
Your all-inclusive Iceland adventure with the Seacoast Science Center includes:
- Round-trip Airfare from Logan International Airport
- 9 Nights Lodging
- 13 Meals
- All Activities
- Hotel Transfers
- Cancellation Waiver and Insurance of $280 per person
- Air Taxes and Fees/Surcharges
Cost per person: Double $4,499; Single $4,999; Triple $4,449
Register now and save $350 per person! Price increases after March 24, 2017.
A $530 deposit is required to reserve a spot, no due date. Trip is limited to 20 people. Full payment is due July 27, 2017. Deposits are refundable thru March 24, 2017.
A portion of your trip-cost is tax-deductible, as it supports the Seacoast Science Center!
Download the full itinerary and registration form.
For more information:
Please contact Henry at 603-436-8043, ext. 16 or [email protected].